By Sean Kenefick (auth.)
Designed to be used visible Studio .NET/6.0, visible SourceSafe 6.0c, and CVS 1.11, Real international software program Configuration Management offers an in depth assessment on software program configuration and improvement, followed through a variety of real-world examples with plenty of operating code. whereas different books could spend loads of time on software program configuration administration concept, Sean Kenefick specializes in useful suggestions and strategies that without delay profit builders of their day by day needs.
Read or Download Real World Software Configuration Management PDF
Best software development books
Utilizing Agile tools, you could carry a long way better innovation, worth, and caliber to any facts warehousing (DW), company intelligence (BI), or analytics undertaking. in spite of the fact that, traditional Agile tools has to be conscientiously tailored to deal with the original features of DW/BI initiatives. In Agile Analytics, Agile pioneer Ken Collier indicates the right way to just do that.
This publication provides a clean strategy that's verified through fireplace: built via the writer in over two decades of expertise hiring software program execs at either small businesses and big. Drawing on rules from the "agile" software program improvement stream, this publication bargains a distinct solution to take into consideration hiring.
Jump in and construct operating Android apps with assistance from greater than two hundred validated recipes. With this cookbook, you’ll locate ideas for operating with the person interfaces, multitouch gestures, situation expertise, net providers, and equipment positive aspects similar to the telephone, digicam, and accelerometer. you furthermore may get necessary steps on packaging your app for the Android Market.
Ideal for builders acquainted with Java, Android fundamentals, and the Java SE API, this booklet gains recipes contributed by means of greater than 3 dozen builders from the Android group. each one recipe presents a transparent resolution and pattern code you should use on your undertaking at once. between a number of themes, this cookbook is helping you:
* Use directions for designing a winning Android app
* paintings with UI controls, powerful layouts, and graphical components
* the best way to benefit from Android’s wealthy gains on your app
* retailer and retrieve program info in records, SD playing cards, and embedded databases
* entry RESTful internet companies, RSS/Atom feeds, and knowledge from web content
* Create location-aware prone to discover destinations and landmarks, and situate them on Google Maps and OpenStreetMap
* try out and troubleshoot person parts and all your software
Internet Dynpro ABAP, a NetWeaver net software consumer interface device from SAP, allows net programming attached to SAP platforms. The authors’ major concentration used to be to create a ebook in line with their very own sensible adventure. each one bankruptcy comprises examples which lead in the course of the content material step by step and allow the reader to progressively discover and grab the net Dynpro ABAP technique.
Extra resources for Real World Software Configuration Management
6. You must conduct preliminary testing on the product to ensure that it meets a minimum set of agreed-upon requirements before passing it to the quality assurance team. 7. You must scan the product for dangerous anomalies before allowing it to be sent to customers. 8. You must provide the quality assurance team and other interested parties with descriptions of the files you build and a method to confirm that information. 9. You must create unique labels for every version of the software that's built and ensure that the labels are displayed in the software itself.
The Build Dilemma For Bob's Office Software, the development team has been working together for a while now, and each group is ready to provide a first draft of their respective subcomponents. This process is called building the product. Because of the chaos that ensues when individual developers each build their own components, the process takes eight hours. However, after they've filtered their source code files through their compilers and linkers to create executable code, they bundle the executables together, and Bob excitedly tries to run the set of programs on his machine.
Kenefick, Real World Software Configuration Management © Sean Kenefick 2003 Chapter2 The "Who's Who" of the Process It can be argued that every person in a software development company is part of its process-and to some degree that's true, right down to the receptionist and bookkeeper. But there are groups of people who play a more important role in the development of software; each has a distinctive purpose and, in reality, are all equal in the eyes of the Fates-it's tough to release software without any one of them.